Five questions columnists with functional testicles should ask Terry Angstadt, Brian Barnhart or Tony George whenever they step in front of a microphone:
- If the management of Nashville Speedway counter offered something closer to rack rate for sanctioning fees to get the Indy Racing Series to return, why, specifically, were they told not to bother? Timing? A desire to deemphasize ovals? Something else? What?
- If Indy Racing is a predominately oval series, why is the balance suddenly 50/50 with more talk about Cleveland, Houston, Portland or a Las Vegas non-oval than any other oval?
- What are the specific reasons no agreement can be reached with the oval in Michigan?
- If Indy Racing will not discuss anything about their television partnership due to contractual language, why do broadcast partners seem to be doing it anyway?
- How many ovals are planned by the time the 2011 season arrives?